I know we just finished with a super fall season, but it is time to start thinking about all of the great winter training programs that NYS offers! Training in the winter teaches the girls new skills while ensuring they stay fresh on their current skills. It also keeps the girls physically active and connected to the NYS coaches & families.
Below is a list of important upcoming dates and training programs. Please reach out to anyone on the NYS Board if you have any questions.
- Sun 12/1 – Registration opens for Summer Team Training, Pitching & Catching Clinics, Winter Clinics, and the Spring Season!
- Tue 12/31 – Early bird registration discount for the Spring Season ends.
- Wed 1/8 – Summer Team Practices for U10’s start. (U10’s will run on Wednesday nights @ Miscoe @ 6:00 PM until 4/15. Anyone that tried out for the U10 summer teams may participate. Please note that participation does not guarantee a spot on a particular team.)
- Fri 1/10 – Summer Team Practices for U12’s start. (U12’s will run on Friday nights @ Miscoe until 4/17. The start time will be 7:30 PM for 1/10 – 2/28. The start time will be 7:00 PM for 3/6 – 4/17. Anyone that tried out for the U12 summer teams may participate. Please note that participation does not guarantee a spot on a particular team.)
- Sun 1/19 – Pitching and Catching Clinics start. (There will be four sessions @ Miscoe – 1/19, 1/26, 2/9, & 2/16. These sessions are great for girls of any age that are interested in learning how to pitch or catch – no experience is required!)
- Sun 3/1 – Winter Clinics start. (There will be six sessions @ Miscoe – 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, & 4/5. Girls in these sessions will be taught a wide range of softball skills. The girls will be grouped by age and taught by NYS coaches and alumni. No experience is required!)
- Weekend of Sat 3/21 – Dicks's Weekend. (Big discounts for NYS players at Dick's in Millbury this weekend only!)
- Sat 3/28 - Spring Teams Selected.
- Sat 4/4 – Field Clean-Up Day (weather-permitting).
- Sat 4/11 – Field Clean-Up Day (if weather does not allow on 4/4).
- Week of 4/13 – Spring teams will be organized and practices will be scheduled.
- Tue 4/14 – Buddy Social.
- Sat 4/25 – Opening Day.
The NYS Board